Our approach to alternative fund management is based on:
- Accessing leading global managers with proven track records in their area of specialisation. Based on our strong network of relationships in the private equity industry and a comprehensive manager due diligence process.
- Meaningful diversification: our portfolios have a limited number of primary funds with investments made over a minimum of 3 vintage years to provide the benefits of diversification while avoiding the risk of producing indexed returns
- Portfolio management: we actively utilise secondary investment opportunities and private equity strategies to mitigate the J-Curve (that is, the impact of fees on initial returns) effect typical in funds of alternative investments
- High quality reporting of the underlying performance to assist in the process of commitment management and aggregating cash calls for investors
- Fund structuring which provides simple and consolidated accounting and tax reporting for investors
Key Capital Investment Management has a proven investment approach with a focus on value creation and risk management for our investors. Over the last 10 years, the combination of these characteristic enables us to achieve returns with the mid-teen IRRs in Private Equity and high single digits in credit strategies.